October 3 - November 9
Community Artworks will hold their 2nd Annual Regional Juried Art Exhibition October 3 through November 9, 2014 at Art Outreach Gallery at the Eastwood Mall Complex in Niles, Ohio. The show is for artists 18 years of age and older. The show will feature all mediums of artwork. The CD entries are due by September 8. Visit www.communityartworks.com for entry form and more information.
The juror is internationally known artist Al Bright. Prize money of $650 will be awarded.
Contact Susan Jacobs the director of Community Artworks @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Community-Artworks with any questions.
The gallery is located next to Express, along the concourse between Macy’s and Sear’s. Gallery hours are Friday 5:00pm to 9:00pm, Saturday 1:00pm to 9:00pm, and Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm. All exhibits are free and open to the public.
The Gallery operates through volunteer assistance, if you would like to participate in helping assist with gallery sitting, or provide other volunteer services, contact Gail Stark at 330.219.7833. Please consider sharing some of your time at this amazing creative venue.
October 16th 5:30pm - 7:00pm
What is this event about?
- Healthcare professionals that are involved in the Orthopaedics by Design program will be presenting valulable information regarding the highly recommended Orthopaedics by Design program at St. Joseph Health Center. Orthopaedics by Design is specific for total knee and total hip replacement patients.
- St. Joseph’s Board certified Orthopaedic Surgeons will be available during the event to answer any questions
What type of information will be presented?
- You will learn what occurs before your surgery, during your hospital stay, and after your hospital stay. You will also acquire information regarding the daily itinerary during the hospital stay, pain control measures, special equipment that total knee and hip replacements are instructed to use, and much more!
Who will be presenting the information?
- Angie Massacci RN-BC, BSN -Perioperative Nurse Manager
- DeAnna Matzye RN-BC, BSN - 3 Surgical Assistant Nurse Manager and Orthopaedics by Design Coordinator
- Denise Mariani LSW - Licensed Social Worker
- Hans Kirr PT – Physical Therapy Manager
- Brenda Stanko OT – Occupational Therapist
Who are the Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeons that are a part of the Orthopaedics by Design Program at St. Joseph’s?
- K. Brian Williams D.O.
- Williams Woods D.O.
- Michael Jurenovich D.O.
- Kenneth Jones M.D.
- Thomas Jones M.D.
- Michael Jones D.O
OCT. 22- 11AM-1PM- BREAST HEALTH DAY- HEAR FROM DR. RASHID ABDU, DR. JAWAD FRANCIS, JULIANE DULAY AND JILL TOWNSEND. What is new in breast health care? What does Joanie Abdu Comprehensive Breast Health Center offer? How to do a correct breast self-exam and more! Free Lunch! Call to register. 330-652-7542
October 22nd 6-8 PM
The Scrappers and Talmer Bank and Trust present the sixteenth annual "Trick or Treat" at Eastwood Field, with media partners 21 WFMJ, WBCB, and Hot 101. The event will take place Wednesday, October 22nd from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. "Trick or Treat" at Eastwood Field is a fun and safe way to celebrate Halloween for children age 12 and under. Ticket quantities are limited and are available on a first come first served basis. Children and adults will require a ticket. Tickets are just $1 each and are available starting Monday, September 29th at the Scrappers Team Office located at Eastwood Field. In addition, anyone that donates canned goods at the "Trick or Treat" event for Project Feed Our Valley will receive a free general admission Scrappers ticket valid during the 2015 season.
The Scrappers are looking for area businesses to participate in this year's "Trick or Treat" event. Businesses will receive table space on the Eastwood Field concourse. This is a community event and a great way to promote your business to the public. Early reservations are encouraged as space is limited. Please contact Annie Stoltenberg for complete details by calling 330-505-0000 or emailing email@example.com.
October 25th 2pm - 3pm
Come out to the Eastwood Mall and watch the well known Trumbull County Senior Productions put on one of their best dance acts for your enjoyment! They will perform their Halloween act in Center Court on Saturday, October 25th at 2:00pm and 3:00pm!
Eastwood Mall is once again a proud sponsor of the 2014 Peace Race which will be held on Sunday, October 26th. The race will feature a 10K, 2 mile run/walk and a FREE kids run for kids 10 & under.
The Youngstown Peace Race was founded in 1975 in an effort to bring together athletes from around the world for a day of competition, friendship and understanding. At the time, the country was still reeling from the effects of Viet Nam, but Jack Cessna – a Youngstown runner and activist – took the first step to unite people peacefully through running by initiating the race. Today – 40 years later – the Youngstown Peace Race remains as an annual running event that celebrates Youngstown, running and beauty of MIll Creek Park. The Peace Race provides us with a community event that celebrates the sport of running, the spirit of the athlete and the momentary heartbeat of peace. Athletes come from all over the world. They come for the competition. They come to celebrate peace. For the past 40 years, champions have come to Youngstown to be a part of this exciting event.
This year, Marathoner Dick Beardsley featured with Alberto Salazar in the book “Duel in the Sun” will be at the race to celebrate the 40th Annual Youngstown Peace Race!
• 10k – Start line drop off area includes pre-race festivities and clean facilities at Kirkmere Elementary School! The Peace Race 10k will follow a fast point-to-point course starting from Kirk Rd. & S. Schenely Ave. intersection, winding through scenic Mill Creek Park, and finishing on Federal Plaza in Downtown Youngstown.
• 2 mile course and the free 400 meter kid’s race will start west of Federal Plaza & Wick Ave intersection in Downtown Youngstown. All three races finish at the monument at the intersection of Federal Plaza & Wick Ave under the official finish line race banner.
Buses for the 10K will leave the YMCA starting at 8:30 a.m. The final bus will leave at 10:00 a.m. A clothing bus will take clothing back to the finish line. The Peace Race is not responsible for anything left on the bus.
You can register online at peacerace.org before October 22 for only $25 or at the race the day of for $30. Registration forms are also available at the Customer Service Center!
Packet pick-up will be held in the Center Court of the Eastwood Mall on Thursday, October 23 from 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.